THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A SEAT BELT EDUCATION PROGRAM IN ONTARIO
This paper describes the design and implementation of a seat belt education program in Ontario and includes discussion of the history of seat belt legislation, current beliefs, education programs and their implementation, testing, publicity, and evaluation. Research has clearly established the effectiveness of seat belts as a countermeasure to death and injury in motor vehicle collisions.
- This paper was prepared for the Annual Conference held in Calgary, 1975.
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1G 4J8
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 156-177
- TRT Terms: Countermeasures; Education; Laws; Manual safety belts; Measures of effectiveness; Prevention; Publicity; Safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00147618
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report Number 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM