TURNING CARS INTO CRIME STOPPERS
This article describes the latest in auto security technology. It relates how motorist aid systems, such as GM's OnStar, can use a combination of Global Positioning System(GPS) and cell phone technology to track stolen vehicles. Some of the systems can even shut the engine down, while others let owners track their vehicles on the Internet.
- Publication Date: July 23, 2003. Remarks: Photocopy of article from USAtoday.com website in PATH Binder 15. Format: website
- Eldridge, Earle
- O'Donnell, Jayne
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Cellular telephones; Global Positioning System; Motorist aid systems; News; Security
- Subject Areas: Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00962540
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Sep 2 2003 12:00AM