SHARJAH AND JEDDAH GET READY FOR THE BOX INVASION
The lack of suitable terminal facilities at Mid-East ports has been the cause of much consternation to operators anxious to provide container services to the area from North America, Europe and the Far East. The interim result has been the emergence of self-sustaining container handling systems, some unique, as the port authorities have, in the main, temporarily required that operators get their own boxes off their ships and through the port. Now, however, Sharjah is prepared to be the premier Gulf container port, and Jeddah, also with help from outside, is aiming to be the key Red Sea container handling centre.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3601838
National Magazine Company Limited680 Garratt Lane
London SW17 ONP, England
- Gibney, R F
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Container terminals
- Geographic Terms: Middle East
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00147552
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Magazine Company Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM