BECOMING A STAKEHOLDER IN LOCAL STORM WATER MANAGEMENT DECISIONS
This article presents an overview of typical municipal storm water management programs at the national and local level, and identifies how these programs could affect airports. The watershed management approach has become the crucible within which regional development plans, storm water management goals of local government and the compliance programs of the regulated industrial community must all be coordinated. The National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Storm Water Permit Program is highlighted as one of the most important regulations in the field of watershed management.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07445326
- Page range: pp 47-49, 51.
AAAE Service Corporation, Incorporated4212 King Street
Alexandria, VA United States 22302
- Rozza, J
- Publication Date: 2003-7
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Airport Magazine
- Volume: 15
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: AAAE Service Corporation, Incorporated
- ISSN: 0744-5326
- TRT Terms: Airports; Environmental protection; Federal government; Local government; Permits; Regulations; Runoff; Water quality management; Watersheds
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Law; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00961844
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 20 2003 12:00AM