HOW TO BUILD LONGEVITY AND SECURITY INTO YOUR NEXT PARKING STRUCTURE -- AND KEEP IT THAT WAY!
This article suggests ways to build longevity and security into a parking structure from the start of construction. It discusses designing grades in continuous ramp parking facilities, speed ramps, ramp grades, security methods, and maintenance. One solution to providing higher visibility is the addition of light walls, which can serve as load-bearing shear walls and provide greater visibility for pedestrians. The article also describes how a Bergen County, New Jersey garage incorporated 28 closed-circuit television cameras to monitor ramps, stairs, interior elevators and entrances with a digital recording computer.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/37532602
Bricepac, Incorporated12228 Venice Boulevard, Suite 541
Los Angeles, CA United States 90066
- Taylor, M T
- Publication Date: 2003-6
- Pagination: p. 32
- TRT Terms: Parking garages; Precast concrete; Preventive maintenance; Security
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00961109
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Files: BTRIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 2003 12:00AM