CREATING SUCCESSFUL COMMUNITIES: MAKING IT HAPPEN!
Transportation systems that contribute to active living do so by incorporating walking and bicycling into the planning and design of urban communities. In these residential areas, roads and streets enhance the physical structure, safety, and appearance of the community rather than slice through it with no regard to neighborhood impacts. This article provides an overview of the planning practices that urban communities should follow in order to ensure that active living by residents is encouraged.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/614107147
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Canby, A P
- Publication Date: 2003-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 26-32
- TRT Terms: Activity choices; Bicycling; Neighborhoods; Planning and design; Residential streets; Urban areas; Urban design; Walking
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00960628
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 21 2003 12:00AM