AN INTELLIGENT RAILWAY SIGNAL DETECTOR DEVELOPED FOR THE FIRST ETCS LEVEL 1: IMPLEMENTATION
The European Train Control System (ETCS) has been specified and prepared within the last years as a new European standard solution for interoperability and cross-border operation in the European railway network. Now the first commercial application of ETCS Level 1 has been prepared and put into operation. For this project Alcatel TAS Austria has developed an intelligent and vital signal detector for a wide range of applications including ETCS cab signaling. Main figures of the new component are its adaptation to different signal types and to different signal lamp current waveforms and threshold values, no influence on the signal system by low input resistance and galvanic decoupling, active input transformers, amplifiers, integrated A/D converters, software controlled calibration and signal processing, two-channel vital computing and off-line data preparation supported by a tool for generation of configuration files and track-totrain telegram files.
- Full Conference Proceedings available on CD-ROM.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Rhein, D
- 9th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Date: 2002-10-14 to 2002-10-17
- Publication Date: 2002
- Pagination: 12p
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Cab signals; Embedded systems; Intelligent control systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Rail (Railroads); Railroad signaling; Signaling; Train operations; Transformers
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00960173
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 2003 12:00AM