EVALUATION OF RURAL BUS SUBSIDY GRANT AND RURAL BUS CHALLENGE
This paper presents an evaluation of two funding sources for buses in England - the rural bus subsidy grant (RBSG) and the rural bus challenge (RBC). The table of contents lists the following chapter headings and subheadings: 1. Introduction - Context, Changing context, Structure of the report; 2. What the figures reveal - Introduction, Detailed Analysis of Data for 1999-2000 and 2000-2001, Analysis of data for 2001-2002; 3. The views of the local authorities - Feedback analysis, Interviews and Workshops, RBSG allocation and criteria, RBC; 4. The e-mail survey - Introduction, RBSG allocation, RBSG impact on other polices, RBC, Cross Boundary Issues, Benefits of funding, Impact on community transport, Measures to improve quality, Innovation, Balance of funding, The future, Confirmation of initial findings; 5. The case studies - Introduction, Bedfordshire, Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, West Yorkshire; 6. Conclusions - Introduction, The impact of RBSG, The impact of RBC, The combined funding package, Value for money, The future.
Department for Transport, EnglandGreat Minster House, 76 Marsham Street
London, England SW1P 4DR
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefits; Bus transit; Case studies; Electronic mail; Evaluation; Financing; Grant aid; Impacts; Innovation; Policy; Quality of service; Rural areas; Subsidies; Surveys
- Identifier Terms: Rural Bus Challenge; Rural Bus Subsidy Grant
- Geographic Terms: Bedfordshire (England); Lincolnshire (England); North Yorkshire (England); South Gloucestershire (England); Swindon (England); West Yorkshire (England)
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00964207
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 24 2003 12:00AM