BETTER HIGHWAYS THROUGH APPLIED GEOLOGY. PROCEEDINGS, 53RD ANNUAL HIGHWAY GEOLOGY SYMPOSIUM, SAN LUIS OBISPO, CALIFORNIA, AUGUST 13-16, 2002, INCLUDING TRB SESSION
This CD-ROM contains the papers presented at the 53rd Annual Highway Geology Symposium, San Luis Obispo, California, August 13-16, 2002. The papers are organized in the following technical sessions: (I) Rockfall; (II) Rockslides/Landslides; (III) Planning/Landslides; (IV) Subsidence, Modeling and Materials; and (V) Rock Mechanics and Foundations in Rock. There were also two poster sessions. Also included on the CD-ROM are the powerpoint presentations from the Transportation Research Board Special Session, Design and Construction of Transportation Facilities in Melanges and Other Block-in-Matrix Rocks.
- Record URL:
- Summary URL:
- Unlike most groups and organizations that meet on a regular basis, the Highway Geology Symposium has no central headquarters, no annual fees, and no formal membership requirements. The governing body of the Symposium is a Steering Committee. Recent proceedings may be obtained from the Treasurer of the Symposium, Mr. Russell Glass.
- Better Highways Through Applied Geology. 53rd Annual Highway Geology Symposium
- Location: San Luis Obispo, California
- Date: 2002-8-13 to 2002-8-16
- Publication Date: 2002-8
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: CD-ROM; Conferences; Geology; Highway design; Highway planning; Landslides; Mountains; Quarries; Road construction; Rock mechanics; Rock slopes; Rockfalls; Rockslides; Slope stability; Subsidence (Geology)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Melanges
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I43: Rock Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00962007
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 7 2003 12:00AM