FREIGHT FACILITIES AND SYSTEM INVENTORY IN THE NEW YORK METROPOLITAN REGION
As part of the implementation phase of an intermodal management system, the New York Metropolitan Transportation Council created this inventory report for major freight facilities and systems active in their area. The purpose of this inventory report is to describe the current condition of major freight transportation facilities and systems. The inventory data, based on a survey, will eventually be included in a computer database and geocoded. It will help to develop strategies to improve the transportation network. The major elements of this report include: Rail carload and Intermodal (Rail/Highway) transportation; Trucking; Air (Domestic/International); and Water transportation (Domestic/International).
New York Metropolitan Transportation Council45-46 21st Street
Long Island City, NY United States 11101-5407
- Hrabowska, M
- Publication Date: 2000-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Carloadings; Domestic transportation; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; International transportation; Inventory; Railroad cars; Railroads; Surveys; Trucking; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: New York Metropolitan Area
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00961964
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 22 2003 12:00AM