PHOENIX SKY HARBOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AIRPORT CAPACITY TACTICAL INITIATIVE, GROUND MOVEMENT ANALYSIS DURING RECONSTRUCTION OF RUNWAY 7L/25R
In August 2002, the Office of Systems Capacity was conducted to assist Phoenix Sky Harbor Air Traffic Control Tower (PHX-ATCT) in an evaluation of delay impacts caused by the reconstruction of Runway 7L/25R scheduled for January 2003. The reconstruction of Runway 7L/25R is to be accomplished in several phases: Phase 1 was the preparation work for the reconstruction with the work being accomplished without major runway impacts; Phase 2 requires the complete closure of Runway 7L/25R with only limited taxiways available for crossing the construction zone; Phase 3 occurs when a portion of Runway 7L/25R becomes available for aircraft use. This report addresses only Phase 2 - the complete closure of Runway 7L/25R.
- Document available on CD-ROM.
Federal Aviation AdministrationWilliam J. Hughes Technical Center, Atlantic City International Airport
Atlantic City, NJ United States 08405
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Holladay, R J
- Renauro, G
- Publication Date: 2003-2
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Airport capacity; Airport runways; Airports; Ground traffic; International airports; Reconstruction; Taxiways
- Geographic Terms: Phoenix (Arizona)
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00961605
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/FAA/CT-TN-03/08
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 2003 12:00AM