COLLEGIATE AVIATION RESEARCH AND EDUCATION SOLUTIONS TO CRITICAL SAFETY ISSUES
This report contains project summaries of the following six projects: (I) Geographic North versus Magnetic North to Provide Enhanced National Airspace System Safety - M.K. Larson, University of Nebraska at Omaha; (II) Weather Safety Training for General Aviation Pilots through the Use of Computer Flight Simulation, D. Widuaf, Utah State University; (III) Identification of Human Behavior and Aircraft Maintenance Safety Issues, C. Lu, University of Nebraska at Omaha; (IV) Disaster Preparedness, Emergency Response and Curriculum Development, M. Schaaf and B. Bowen, University of Nebraska at Omaha; (V) The Collegiate Aviation Emergency Response Checklist: Fundamental Pre-crisis Planning, M. Fink and M. Larson, University of Nebraska at Omaha; and (VI) Systemic Initiatives in Aviation Safety Research, B.D. Bowen, University of Nebraska at Omaha. These summaries are followed by three papers prepared for the Tim Forte Collegiate Aviation Safety Symposium, April 19-20, 2001, Denver, Colorado: Current Regulatory Status in Regard to Maintenance Resource Management, C. Lu and B. Bowen; Disaster Preparedness, Emergency Response, and Curriculum Development, M.M. Schaaf and B.D. Bowen; and The Collegiate Aviation Emergency Response Checklist: Fundamental Pre-crisis Planning, M.M. Fink and M.K. Larson.
University of Nebraska, OmahaAviation Institute, 60th and Dodge Street
Omaha, NE United States 68182-0508
- Publication Date: 2001-4
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Aviation safety; Behavior; Curricula; Disaster preparedness; Education; Emergency management; Flight simulators; General aviation pilots; Global Positioning System; Maintenance personnel; Navigational aids; Planning; Research; Training simulators; Weather
- Identifier Terms: National Airspace System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency response checklist
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00960116
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UNOAI Report 01-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 17 2003 12:00AM