SUPERPAVE PERFORMANCE GRADED ASPHALT BINDER SPECIFICATION AND TESTING. THIRD EDITION
The Superpave system incorporates performance based asphalt materials characterization with the design environmental conditions to improve performance by controlling rutting, low temperature cracking and fatigue cracking. This manual is devoted to the Superpave asphalt binder specification, AASHTO M320, and the tests that it uses to characterize asphalt binders. The contents are presented in five chapters: (1) Background; (2) Asphalt Specifications; (3) Superpave Asphalt Binder Tests; (4) Pavement Performance in the Superpave Binder Specification; and (5) Binder Grade Selection.
- Superpave Series No. 1, Third Edition.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Publication Date: 2003
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Bituminous binders; Laboratory tests; Manuals; Pavement performance; Performance based specifications; Superpave
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00964872
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SP-1, Revised
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 15 2003 12:00AM