SURVEY OF THE STATES: TEA-21 PROGRAMS. ISSUE FOUR
The National Association of Governors' Highway Safety Representatives (NAGHSR) conducted a survey of the states and territories concerning their Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21) funded activities. A total of 44 states and 2 territories responded to the survey. The states and territories reported on TEA-21 activities and programs that they considered noteworthy or significant, so not every state reported on activities or programs in every category. Despite this limitation, several conclusions can be reached about what states are funding with TEA-21 funding. Among the categories discussed are occupant protection, child passenger safety, impaired driving, and traffic records. This document presents the individual state responses, a summary of state activities, and a chart showing TEA-21 fundable activities.
- Summary URL:
National Association of Governors' Highway Safety Representatives750 First Street, NE, Suite 720
Washington, DC United States 20002
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Child restraint systems; Driver records; Drunk driving; Federal aid; Financing; Grant aid; Impaired drivers; Occupant protection devices; Safety programs; States; Surveys
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration; I80: Accident Studies;
- Accession Number: 00964778
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 2 2003 12:00AM