ANNUAL REVIEW OF AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT DATA: U.S. GENERAL AVIATION, CALENDAR YEAR 1998
A total of 1,928 aircraft were involved in 1,904 accidents during calendar year 1998. The total number of general aviation accidents occurring in 1998 represented a 3.2% increase over calendar year 1997. Of the total number of accidents, 364 were fatal accidents that resulted in a total of 624 fatalities. Although the number of fatal general aviation accidents in 1998 represented a 4% increase over calendar year 1997, the number of resulting fatalities declined 1.1% between 1997 and 1998. The circumstances of these accidents and the details related to the aircraft, pilots, and locations involved are represented throughout this report.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 2003-3-20
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Crash data; Fatalities; General aviation; Trend (Statistics)
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00964776
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB/ARG-03/01,, Notation 7534
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 2 2003 12:00AM