THE ROLE OF PRICING IN THE NATION'S FUTURE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
A 1-day forum was convened to explore the issue of value pricing and aid in the understanding of the role of pricing in the future U.S. transportation system. Federal, state, and local departments of transportation personnel and economic, environmental, and traffic experts joined to discuss successful pricing projects as well as barriers to their more widespread use. A more equitable transportation system, traffic congestion relief, finding an alternative to a fuel-based financing system, and improving mobility, access, and environmental justice were just some of the motivations explored to implement pricing projects. Three different institutional structures for owner-operators were discussed in the context of trying to introduce pricing.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0971817537
Eno Transportation Foundation1250 I Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 2002
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic forecasting; Environmental impacts; Externalities; Fuel taxes; Owner operators; Policy analysis; Pricing; Traffic congestion; Transportation policy; Value of service pricing
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Policy; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00964628
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0971817537
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 2003 12:00AM