PUBLIC TRANSPORT FOR SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY
This paper discusses a database called "Millennium Cities Database for Sustainable Transport" (MCD, for short), which contains data about 100 cities in the world. The data are related to economics, taxis, demographics, urban structure, parking, private vehicle numbers and use, road networks, individual mobility and transportation mode choice, public transit networks, efficiency - overall - of the transportation system and its environmental impact. Users can utilize the MCD to evaluate the performances of their cities and transportation networks, measuring the performance against 230 elements. The MCD can also measure the economic and environmental impacts of urban sprawl; and provide a means for comparing public transit and automobile performance with regard to costs and environmental protection.
- Record URL:
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- Publication Date: 2002-7
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Cities; Costs; Databases; Demographics; Economic impacts; Economics; Environmental impacts; Environmental protection; Mobility; Mode choice; Networks; Parking; Public transit; Roads; Sustainable development; Taxicabs; Urban sprawl; Vehicle identification numbers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Urban form
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00964169
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 16 2003 12:00AM