CANADIAN COAST GUARD MARINE COMMUNICATIONS AND TRAFFIC SERVICES: REPORT
The mission of Marine Communications and Traffic Services (MCTS) is to ensure: safety of life at sea; protection of the environment through traffic management; efficient movement of shipping; information for business and the national interest. The purpose of this report was to determine the validity of claims that financial constraints were causing problems at Pacific Region MCTS sites including: short staffing; deficiencies in training; old and unreliable equipment; neglect of international commitments; adversely affecting border security. The report contains the findings and recommendations of the Committee following visits to the Pacific Regional Headquarters and several MCTS sites.
- Text in English and French.
Parliament, House of CommissionerStanding Committee on Fisheries and Oceans
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Border regions; Communication systems; Environmental protection; Information services; Maritime safety; Quality of life; Quality of service; Safety and security; Security
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00964020
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 2003 12:00AM