SKETCH METHODS FOR ESTIMATING INCIDENT-RELATED IMPACTS: USER'S GUIDE
This document serves as a stand-alone guide for planners to use in applying the methodology for studying incident impacts and the effects of incident management strategies. It reformats material found in the Final Report in a more easily followed procedure for actual applications, and also provides an example of how the methodology is applied to a freeway corridor. Given the complexity of the equations for predicting delay, it is recommended that planners imbed them in a spreadsheet or other suitable software and that they be checked thoroughly before they are applied. Input data can be developed off-line. An example of a spreadsheet format is presented as the tables in Chapter 4.0 for guidance.
- Harry Cohen also helped to prepare this guide.
Washington, DC United States 20590
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated5225 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Suite 409
Washington, DC United States 20015
Science Applications International Corporation1710 Goodridge Drive
McLean, VA United States 22102
- Publication Date: 1998-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Equations; Estimating; Forecasting; Freeways; Guidelines; Highway traffic control; Impacts; Incident management; Methodology; Sketch planning; Traffic delays
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00963118
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-95-00060
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 12 2003 12:00AM