CURRENT TIMBER BRIDGE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE UNITED STATES
Interest in timber bridges has increased significantly in the United States over the past five years. As a result, research and development related to timber bridges and the use of wood in transportation structures has also increased. Much of this research is funded through national programs that involve cooperative work with universities, local government agencies and industry organizations; however, substantial research is also sponsored by state governments and other organizations. This paper presents an overview of selected timber bridge research and development activities in progress in the United States.
US Forest ServiceForest Products Laboratory, One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI United States 53705-2398
- Ritter, M A
- Publication Date: 1993-1-20
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Research; Wooden bridges
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Research; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00962862
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: WIT-11-0004
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 15 2003 12:00AM