FOCUS ON: LONDON'S TUBE
London Underground is becoming part of Transport for London, part of the Greater London Authority. This provides the opportunity for strategic planning and delivery of all transport services in London. Plans to upgrade and refurbish the underground railways using public-private partnerships and private finance initiatives are outlined. Planned completion dates for improvements to individual lines and stations are given. Targets for improved safety, reliability, cleanliness and access are given.
Transport for LondonWindsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street
London SW1H 0TL, England
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Financing; Improvements; Partnerships; Planning; Repairing; Subways; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 244: Financing; 9108: Improvement; 219: Partnership; 143: Planning; 3635: Repair; 1191: Underground railway; 8119: United Kingdom; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00962667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Sep 3 2003 12:00AM