HORIZONTAL WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE - THE FTA COMPLIANCE GUIDE - ENSURE YOU COMPLY FROM 1 AUGUST 2003
Changes in the rules on the working hours of freight drivers resulting from European Union Directives and applicable in the UK from 1st August 2003 are described. Definitions of the personnel to whom the Directive will apply are provided. Working time limits, opt-out agreements, the definition of working time, reference periods, calculating average weekly working time, night work, calculating night work, rest periods, a flow chart explaining the operation of the Directives, record keeping, health assessments and the right to paid annual leave. An action plan to prepare for the changes is given.
Freight Transport AssociationHermes House, St. Johns Road
Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4 9UZ, England
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Legislation; Logistics; Night; Personnel; Planning; Textbooks; Time; Trucks; Working conditions
- Geographic Terms: Europe; United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 8034: Europe; 1112: Freight transport; 1556: Legislation; 264: Logistics; 1236: Lorry; 9052: Night; 102: Personnel; 143: Planning; 8526: Textbook; 5414: Time; 8119: United Kingdom; 2261: Working conditions
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00962656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Sep 3 2003 12:00AM