PARK AND RIDE GREAT BRITAIN 2003
This report provides statistics on all park and ride schemes in the UK, including number of parking spaces, tariff, frequency, days of operation, financing, public service vehicle priority measures and comparative town centre parking charges. 26 new park and ride sites have been introduced since 2000. The majority of towns charge less than 30% of the town centre parking rate. At three locations the off-peak cost of using park and ride exceeds an equivalent 4-hour town centre parking charge. All services operate on Monday to Friday, most on Saturdays but only 16 sites operate on Sundays. Low floor buses are used at 83 out of the total of 99 sites. Sites are from 0.5 to over 10 miles from the town centres. Thirty sites are fully commercial and 61 require revenue support. Five sites had closed, but had either been or will be replaced with better facilities. Passenger Transport Executive areas have lagged behind in the development of park and ride sites. Spending and performance data are given where available. Twenty-two proposed additional sites are listed.
TAS PUBLICATIONS AND EVENTS LTDROSS HOUSE, WEST END
LONG PRESTON, SKIPTON, NORTH YORKSHIRE United Kingdom BD23 4QL
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Financing; Park and ride; Statistics
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 224: Cost; 244: Financing; 958: Park and ride; 6555: Statistics; 8119: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance;
- Accession Number: 00962650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Sep 3 2003 12:00AM