OPTIMIZATION AND CONTROL OF STOCHASTIC DYNAMIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS : FORMULATIONS, SOLUTION METHODOLOGIES, AND COMPUTATIONAL EXPERIENCE
This research uses traditional as well as new approaches for analyzing properties of transportation systems under uncertainty and their effect on the different stages of transportation management, such as strategic, tactical, operational, and real-time. Various problems are presented to account for dynamics and uncertainty such as dynamic traffic assignment, centralized guidance, the network design problem and the online shortest path problem. Formulations are then developed for describing system properties, and solution algorithms are then presented to model transportation systems under the stated conditions.
- Publication Date: 2000. UMI Company, Ann Arbor MI. Remarks: Thesis (Ph. D.)--Northwestern University, 2000. Abstract also in: Dissertation abstracts international. B. Vol. 61 no. 11 (May 2001), p. 6075. Format: website
Northwestern University, EvanstonDepartment of Civil Engineering, 600 Foster Street
Evanston, IL United States 60208
- Waller, Steven Travis
- Publication Date: 2000
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Real time control; Routing; Traffic assignment
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00962340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: UC Berkeley Transportation Library
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAT 9994758 (UMI order #)
- Files: PATH
- Created Date: Sep 2 2003 12:00AM