NUCLEAR EMERGENCY RESPONSE GUIDANCE DOCUMENT FOR RAILROADS
This is a planning and guidance document for railroad companies to assist them in reviewing and developing operational response plans and procedures for emergencies involving radioactive products or wastes. After discussion of the basic approach, the document considers in detail the aspects of preparedness, response, and recovery. The document contains a descriptive listing of those nuclear materials likely to be shipped by rail, and a resource list of firms offering assistance in training and cleanup. Sample plan distribution and telephone notification lists are given, along with a detailed bibliography. This document is formatted to make it compatible with other emergency response documents issued by the Federal Emergency Management Administration. The guidance material is presented in a manner which will allow each individual railroad company to tailor its own response plan to the specific operating and traffic conditions of that railroad.
The Transport Environment, IncorporatedKitty Hawk, NC United States 27949
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001-1564
- Brobst, W
- Publication Date: 1984-11-30
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Disaster preparedness; Disasters and emergency operations; Emergencies; Hazardous materials; Hazardous wastes; Nuclear power; Radioactive materials; Radioactive wastes; Railroads
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00961904
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-603,, Final Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 5 2003 12:00AM