AERODYNAMICS OF V/STOL FLIGHT
This book, developed from a set of notes collected over the years in connection with a helicopter aerodynamics course, integrates the field of V/STOL aerodynamics into a discourse on helicopters. A presentation of some general theoretical and applied aerodynamics emphasizing in particular the use of the momentum theorem is first given. This is followed by the development of a finite wing theory. Propeller and helicopter rotor theory is next covered for both the static and forward flight cases. Consideration is given to both momentum and vortex theory in the design and analysis of propellers and rotors. Other subjects discussed include the application of boundary layer control for delaying both separation and transition, and the thrust augmentation of jets by the entrainment of a secondary flow.
Academic Press Incorporated111 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY United States 10003
- McCormick Jr, B M
- Publication Date: 1967
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 336 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic stability; Aerodynamics; Aerospace engineering; General aviation; Helicopters; Propeller driven aircraft; V/STOL aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lift coefficient
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00961733
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 26 2003 12:00AM