CITY OF CALGARY TRAFFIC CALMING POLICY: A POLICY REPORT
Traffic calming is an approach to address existing traffic issues on residential and low volume collector roads. This policy document provides clear direction on the types of traffic calming measures to be considered in Calgary, and on the appropriate circumstances for their use. The document also identifies a process for responding to traffic issues that can be used by other communities. Provided is an overview of the traffic calming concept and its scope, the rationale for the policy, the goals and objectives of the policy, and traffic calming principles.
Urban Systems Ltd.Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Low volume roads; Policy making; Policy, legislation and regulation; Residential streets; Traffic calming
- Geographic Terms: Calgary (Canada)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00961047
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 23 2003 12:00AM