CONGESTION MITIGATION SYSTEMS PLAN "VISION 2020"
This study has developed a vision for southwestern Connecticut that will help reduce congestion, improve air quality and promote economic growth. It will build upon existing transportation assets and strive to improve overall system efficiency. It will also offer the transportation users choices. The study focus was to provide transportation system capacity in a way that both achieves study goals and allows transportation users to make choices rather than be required to change their way of life. The resulting vision is a hybrid of bus, rail and roadway strategies that offers customers improved flexibility in their travel options and could be incrementally expanded to meet future growth in demand.
- Record URL:
Smith (Wilbur) and Associates, Incorporated135 College Street, P.O. Box 9412
New Haven, CT United States 06534
South Western Regional Planning AgencyGovernment Center, 3rd Florr, 888 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT United States 06901
Connecticut Department of Transportation2800 Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT United States 06131
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 2003-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Bus transit; Countermeasures; Economic growth; Highway travel; Public transit; Railroads; Regional planning; Regional transportation; Traffic congestion; Traffic mitigation; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut
- Subject Areas: Economics; Geotechnology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00960499
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Report
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 28 2003 12:00AM