I-15 CORRIDOR RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT DESIGN/BUILD EVALUATION
This report is the final report to be produced under a four-year project of evaluation and research into the I-15 design/build project. The Research Division of the Utah Department of Transportation commenced this research project as partial fulfillment of the commitments made to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) when design/build was permitted for this project. The project was designated as a Special Experimental Project (SEP-14). The purpose of the evaluation is to collect and evaluate information derived from the process used in this project and provide this information to other agencies or entities interested in pursuing similar design/build projects in transportation. This report is the final report and summarizes all of the evaluations completed for the project. It includes reports on seven specific areas: selection/award, design, quality assurance/quality control, innovative construction methods, performance specifications, partnering, and public involvement.
- Record URL:
- Date on documentation page: September 2002; date on cover: March 2003.
Carter & Burgess, Incorporated420 East South Temple, Suite 345
Salt Lake City, UT United States 84111
Salt Lake City, UT United States 84114-8410
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Postma, S
- Cisneros, R
- Roberts, J
- Wilkison, R
- Clevenger, J
- Eastwood, A
- Publication Date: 2002-9
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Design build; Innovation; Interstate highways; Partnerships; Performance based specifications; Public participation; Quality assurance; Quality control; Reconstruction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Society; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00960032
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UT.02.16,, Final Report
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 7 2003 12:00AM