BUS-CARPOOL FWY LANES IN SAN FRANCISCO AREA
Operational characteristics of four types of relatively low cost preferential treatment for high occupancy vehicles are described. They include a contraflow bus lane, a with-flow bus lane, a with-flow bus- carpool lane, and preferential access to a metered freeway. The projects are described in terms of their physical configuration, safety experience, violation experience, and enforcement experience. All are practical treatments and a choice of a particular type depends on traffic characteristics, types of bus service, and freeway configurations.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/8674831
- Presented at the ASCE National Water Resources & Ocean Engineering Convention in San Diego, California, April 5-8, 1976.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- NEWMAN, L
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 625-636
- TRT Terms: Bus lanes; Bus priority; Carpools; Contraflow lanes; Freeways; High occupancy vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00142955
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1981 12:00AM