DEVELOPMENTS IN THE USE OF NUMERICAL METHODS WITHIN SMALLER AND MEDIUM SIZED SHIPYARDS
With the increased production and the decreased price of minicomputers, programmes have been made available to smaller shipbuilders enabling them to do their production preparation inhouse for their numerically controlled flamecutters. The paper deals with the advantages and disadvantages of such a system. The paper also presents the extension possibilities of such a system for use as an intelligent terminal and the expansion of the system to an interactive system. Such an interactive system should also be very attractive to the larger shipbuilders.
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 8-11, 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hansen, J H
- Heyerdahl, L
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference.
- Location: Gothenburg , Sweden
- Date: 1976-6-8 to 1976-6-11
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 371-373
- TRT Terms: Automation; Flame cutting; Numerical control; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Numerical control systems; Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00142833
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: North-Holland Publishing Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM