A COMPUTERIZED SHIP MATERIALS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
A computerized ship materials management system developed specifically for controlling a great variety of ship outfit items consists of 10 different subsystems covering budgeting designing, scheduling, purchasing, storing, disbursing, cost-accountings, and other related material control functions. Using data-base technique, the system not only maintains and furnishes necessary information regarding outfit items from the point of budgeting to the point of shop use but also prints out forms and documents according to a set of programs. Character display units permit easy, on-line access to materials information stored in the computer from remote places.
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 8-11, 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Niimi, Y
- Isamu, S
- Ishizaki, H
- Nishimura, E
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference.
- Location: Gothenburg , Sweden
- Date: 1976-6-8 to 1976-6-11
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 271-276
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling equipment; Data processing; Management; Materials management; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard automation; Shipyard management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00142830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: North-Holland Publishing Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM