AN OPTIMIZATION OF THE SHIPS BUILDING PROGRAM IN A SHIPYARD
The paper presents shipyard production optimization as a problem of choosing the optimal solution for the purpose of general investment process evaluation. The problem concerns one year scheduling of ships which are to be built in the shipyard. At first a list of ships considered for building in the shipyard is defined (basing of forecasts of ship constructions). The ships are characterized by some designing and technological parameters and also by the prices and essential possibilities of the constraints of optimal scheduling problems. Two methods of the problem solution are described. The first one is based on generation of all possible production schedules, and the second uses an algorithm of the binary linear programming. Results of some computer calculation and analysis of efficiency of both methods are also given.
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 8-11, 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Zielinski, S
- Przechowski, F
- Popielski, S
- Preprints of the IFIP/IFAC/SSI/Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design/City of Gothenburg Scandinavian Joint Conference.
- Location: Gothenburg , Sweden
- Date: 1976-6-8 to 1976-6-11
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 251-256
- TRT Terms: Modernization; Planning; Production; Production control; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00142829
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: North-Holland Publishing Company
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM