ECONOMICS AND INFRASTRUCTURE: AN INFINITE PLAYING FIELD?
ECONOMIE EN INFRASTRUCTUUR: EEN GRENZELOOS SPEELVELD?
This paper discusses the revival of evaluations project portfolios. Various complications are discussed regarding the assessment of forward (economic) effects, the strive for integrated evaluations, and the changing management context (liberalization). Various concomitant trends in infrastructure policy and management are dealt with. These trends will be of major importance to form and contents of future evaluations. Underrated issues are identified. These issues are further discussed, in particular the multi-layered issue of delineation. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD E203386.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- PERRELS, A
- Martens, M
- Publication Date: 1998
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 1563-82
- TRT Terms: Administration; Conferences; Decision making; Demand; Development; Economics; Evaluation and assessment; Land use; Policy; Public participation; Technology; Traffic; Transportation
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 8525: Conference; 2248: Decision process; 285: Demand (econ); 9013: Development; 255: Economics; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 356: Land use; 173: Policy; 142: Public participation; 3855: Technology; 755: Traffic; 1155: Transport
- Subject Areas: Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00797934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Sep 8 2000 12:00AM