TIPS FOR FLAGGERS
Whether it is a road construction or road maintenance site, a flagger is the first person the traveling public comes across. The actions of the flagger can greatly reduce the possibility of accidents in work zones. This article outlines the guidelines offered in "The State of Kansas Traffic Control Handbook for Flaggers". Following specifics are included: functions and responsibilities; clothing; hand-signaling devices; proper signaling procedures using stop/slow paddles; safety; basic dos and don'ts; and, emergency situations.
Topeka, KS United States 66611
- Publication Date: 2000-5
- Pagination: 2 p.
- KDOT Technology Transfer Digest
- Volume: 16
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Kansas Department of Transportation
- TRT Terms: Construction sites; Flaggers; Highway maintenance; Traffic control; Work zone safety; Work zone traffic control
- Geographic Terms: Kansas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00796269
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 2000 12:00AM