TEACHING TRANSIT WORKERS NEW TRICKS
Transit industry is being introduced to new technology which represents a huge change for workers who have perhaps never even dealt with a computer. This paper discusses teaching these workers how to use new technology as one of the keys to the success or failure of a project. The paper identifies tasks that can be done prior to purchase, installation and training that will help to insure the success of the training. Phases such as the planning phase, the pre-installation phase, the training phase, and the post implementation phase constitute the training process. The paper describes in some detail the activities associated with each, and points our that while the focus is on the training process, the learning process never ends.
- Full Conference proceedings available on CD-ROM.
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Procopio, T F
- The 1998 Bus Operations, Technology and Management Conference
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Date: 1998-5-17 to 1998-5-21
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pagination: 3p
- TRT Terms: Automobile dealers; Computers; Human resources management; Implementation; Installation; Personnel development; Planning; Public transit; Technology assessment; Training; Training programs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00796235
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 2000 12:00AM