HYBRIDRIVE PROPULSION SYSTEM: A CLEANER, MORE EFFICIENT WAY TO GO!
A great deal of attention is being focused on the effort of reducing fossil fuel use and emissions around the world, especially in large, crowded cities. Vehicle emissions are being held responsible for a great deal of the pollution problem in urban environments. In response to environmental problems, Lockheed Martin has produced a Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) propulsion system that increases fuel economy while reducing the exhaust emissions of city transit buses. The HybriDrive propulsion system is being provided for transit bus companies to incorporate into their vehicles and sell throughout the United States and Canada. This paper provides an outline for the HybriDrive propulsion system by discussing the various components. It outlines some of the performance criteria as well as the benefits of the overall system. The electronic control of the system is also discussed in some detail to demonstrate the true flexibility of the system.
- Full Conference priceedings available on CD-ROM.
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Grewe, T
- The 1998 Bus Operations, Technology and Management Conference
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Date: 1998-5-17 to 1998-5-21
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pagination: 6p
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Buses by motive power; Clean fuels; Electronic control; Environmental protection; Fossil fuels; Fuel conservation; Hybrid vehicles; Performance evaluations; Pollution control; Propulsion; Transit buses
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00796219
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 17 2000 12:00AM