APPLICATION OF FINITE ELEMENT DYNAMIC ANALYSIS TO FRACTURE MECHANICS
In this paper the authors present several applications of finite element dynamic analysis to two-dimensional fracture mechanics problems. The finite element method for the dynamic analysis possesses the same advantages as for the static case, i.e. the feasibility to cope with complex geometries and material compositions. The first example presented concerns the dynamic stress and strain analysis for elastoplastic plates with geometrical singularities using superposition techniques. In the second example, the dynamic propagation of a two-dimensional crack is analyzed numerically with the simultaneous use of the finite element dynamic analysis and the consideration of energy balance of the system.
- Presented at the 3rd Conference in London, England September 1-5 1975, sponsored by the Committee of the European Communities, EEC.
Bundesanstalt fuer MaterialpruefungUnter Den Eichen 87
Berlin 45, Germany
- Ando, Y
- Yagawa, G
- SAKAI, Y
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Interntl Conf on Struct Mech in React Tech, Trans
- Volume: 5
- Publisher: Bundesanstalt fuer Materialpruefung
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Finite element method; Fracture mechanics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00142535
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pt. L7/1 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM