SEARCHING FOR SAFER TANK CARS
Railroads need safer, more reliable ways of transporting commodities in tank cars. The Article discusses research being done at the Transportation Technology Center, Inc. (TTCI) to evaluate nondestructive techniques (NDTs) authorized for use by the Code of Federal Regulations. Among accomplishments to date are: baseline inspection of tank cars; master gauge development; establishment of a tank car defect library; validation of NDT methods; and development of baseline probability of detection (POD) curves for NDT methods.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation345 Hudson Street
New York, NY United States 10014
- Stone, D
- Smith, K
- Publication Date: 2000-6
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Base lines; Defects; Detection and identification; Fatigue tests; Flaw detection; Nondestructive tests; Railroad safety; Tank cars
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00794351
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 2000 12:00AM