HIGH-TECH IN MULTIPLE
The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) operates one of the largest and oldest fleets of electric multiple unit passenger railcars in North America. Beginning in early 2002, MTA will begin replacement of its 740 car M-1 EMU fleet with the first of up to 1,034 new M-7 EMUs from Bombardier. The article provides vital statistics as well as a brief description of the new cars.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation345 Hudson Street
New York, NY United States 10014
- Publication Date: 2000-6
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric trains; Multiple unit cars; Passenger cars; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Geographic Terms: New York (New York)
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00794350
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 2000 12:00AM