PROGRAMME FOR ROAD INFORMATICS: DYNAMIC SPEED ADJUSTMENT EQUIPMENT. TECHNOLOGY IN VEHICLES - ARE JOINT SOLUTIONS FEASIBLE?
PROGRAM FOER VAEGINFORMATIK: DYNAMISK HASTIGHETSANPASSNINGSMODUL. TEKNIK I FORDON - AER GEMENSAMMA LOESNINGAR MOEJLIGA?
The aim of the study is to investigate if there exists a common platform for dynamic speed adaptation. A questionnaire was faxed to several European car manufacturers. Interviews were also made. The questions asked were (1) is it possible to use a standardized module for dynamic speed adaptation; (2) is it advisble to use the the standardized OBD-II-outlet; and (3) is it possible to use the part of the wiring connected to the outlet that is not bound to the CARB regulations. The conclusions are (1) it is not interesting for the car manufacturers to develop a system that automatically regulates the speed if it is not demanded by the market; (2) the customer should pay for the equipment and therefore it has to add value; and (3) legal requirements limits the use of the OBD-II-outlet.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/14019612
VAEGVERKETBORLAENGE, Sweden SE-781 87
- WENDEL, B
- Publication Date: 1997
- Pagination: 13p+a p.
- Issue Number: 1997:74
- Publisher: VAEGVERKET
- ISSN: 1401-9612
- TRT Terms: Driving; Intelligent transportation systems; Variables; Vehicles
- ITRD Terms: 8735: Intelligent transport system; 9086: Variability; 1255: Vehicle; 1646: Vehicle handling
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00793559
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jun 15 2000 12:00AM