EXPRESS BUS SERVICE
A summary is presented of the results of a survey of espress bus operations in the United States and Canada. The complete report is to be published later. Questionnaires were sent to selected bus company operators to obtain information on express bus route characteristics, costs and effectiveness with respect to public acceptance patronage, impact on highway traffic, and impact on the environment. Guidelines are given for planning and/or evaluating express bus services in a four-phase process.
- This information report summarizes the research of ITE Technical Council Committee 6A-2.
Institute of Traffic Engineers2029 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 60-64
- Traffic Engineering
- Volume: 46
- Issue Number: 7
- Publisher: Institute of Traffic Engineers
- TRT Terms: Bus drivers; Bus transportation; Cost effectiveness; Environmental impacts; Express buses; Guidelines; Questionnaires; Ridership; Routes
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00142046
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM