NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY BOARD SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS, H-99-43 AND H-99-44
This safety recommendation, addressed to the Honorable Rodney E. Slater, Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation, recommends that the U.S. Department of Transportation: (1) In one year and in cooperation with the bus manufacturers, complete the development of standard definitions and classifications for each of the different bus body types, and include these definitions and classifications in the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) (H-99-43); and (2) Once the standard definitions and classifications for each of the different bus types have been established in the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, in cooperation with the National Association of Governors' Highway Safety Representatives, amend the Model Minimum Uniform Crash Criteria's bus configuration coding to incorporate the FMVSS definitions and standards (H-99-44).
- Record URL:
National Transportation Safety Board800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1999-11-2
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Classification; Definitions; Industries; Recommendations; Safety; Standards
- Identifier Terms: Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Model Minimum Uniform Crash Criteria; National Association of Governors' Highway Safety Reps; U.S. Department of Transportation
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00798258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-042 929
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 14 2000 12:00AM