A REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE OF FULL SCALE TESTS ON SAFETY BARRIERS AND KERBS
About 400 full scale tests on safety barriers and kerbs conducted in the United States, England and Europe are summarised and listed in this report. The performance of the barrier systems was examined and the better systems noted. No formed recommendations are made as to which barrier system should be used at a particular location, as it is considered that field experience, accident records, as well as full scale tests, are needed to fully appraise a system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/14454467
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Troutbeck, R J
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 1445-4467
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Crash reports; Curbs; Fences; Impact tests; Performance tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Safety fence (Excludes guard rail)
- ITRD Terms: 2914: Central reserve; 4755: Concrete; 5911: Efficiency; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 2917: Kerb; 3494: Parapet; 3312: Pole; 1686: Safety fence; 4542: Steel; 5931: Stiffness; 4506: Wood (mater)
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00141845
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 16 1977 12:00AM