ROAD TRAFFIC SAFETY IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC: PAST - PRESENT - FUTURE
The location of the Czech Republic between East and West Europe is a very important point in the international road transportation network. This is a reason why road traffic safety is of vital importance. The road traffic safety in the Czech Republic has not developed satisfactorily compared to Western European countries. The Czech government issued its official State Transport Policy on June 17, 1998 which specifically requires the implementation of measures to decrease road traffic accidents. This document provides some historical statistic of traffic accidents and their consequences starting in 1976. It discusses actual steps taken to improve traffic safety and describes the Action Program for Traffic Safety approved in 1998.
Transport Research Centre (CDV)Líšeňská 33a
Brno, Czech Republic CZ-636 00
- Publication Date: 2000-5
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash data; Crash rates; Highway traffic; Policy, legislation and regulation; Safety programs; Traffic safety
- Geographic Terms: Czech Republic; Eastern Europe; Western Europe
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00797449
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 9 2000 12:00AM