TRUCK DRIVERS GUIDE TO ANTILOCK BRAKING SYSTEMS
This pamphlet contains information for truck drivers on antilock braking systems (ABSs). The contents are presented as answers to the following questions: What is an ABS? How do ABSs work? How is ABS going to help me? But what if ABS is only on the tractor, or only on the trailer? How should I brake with ABS? Which vehicles have ABS, and which ones don't? How do I know if my vehicle is equipped with ABS? What happens if the ABS isn't working? What won't ABS do? What's the most important thing to remember about ABS?
- This pamphlet was produced through a cooperative agreement between the Trucking Research Institute and the Federal Highway Administration.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1999
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Antilock brake systems; Brochures; Tractor trailer combinations; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00797054
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-MC-98-001,, HS-043 075
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 29 2000 12:00AM