ADAPTING MOTOR VEHICLES FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
This brochure contains information based on the experience of driver rehabilitation specialists and other professionals who work with individuals who require adaptive devices for their motor vehicles. It is centered around a proven process -- evaluating your needs, selecting the right vehicle, choosing a qualified dealer to modify your vehicle, being trained, maintaining your vehicle -- that can help you avoid costly mistakes when purchasing and modifying a vehicle with adaptive equipment. Also included is general information on cost savings, licensing requirements, and organizations to contact for help. Although the brochure focuses on drivers of modified vehicles, each section contains important information for people who drive passengers with disabilities.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1999-12
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles for the physically disabled; Brochures; Driver licensing; Organizations; Persons with disabilities; Purchasing
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00797011
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-809 014
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 23 2000 12:00AM