OCCUPANT PROTECTION SYSTEMS AND TRENDS FOR POLICE MANAGERS
This guide has been developed specifically for police executives/managers interested in developing progressive occupant protection programs within their agencies and communities. It may be used alone or to complement two courses developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Police Fleet Safety Seminar, for commanders, fleet managers and administrators and Occupant Protection Usage and Enforcement, for all law enforcement officers. It is organized into two major parts. The first section, Safety Belt Use in Your Department, addresses the need for protecting the personnel assets of your department, and reducing liability. The second section, Safety Belt Use in Your Community, outlines the leadership responsibility placed on the police executive by the community. These components are so strongly interrelated that one cannot be effectively performed without the other.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1989-8
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Fleet safety; Guidelines; Leadership; Liability; Managerial personnel; Occupant protection devices; Occupational safety; Police; Seat belts; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety education
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I84: Personal Injuries;
- Accession Number: 00796939
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 461
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 2000 12:00AM