EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PLANNING FOR TEXAS TRANSIT AGENCIES: A GUIDEBOOK
This guidebook provides an overview of emergency planning guidelines for rural and small urban transit agencies, including hazard mitigation, emergency procedures, coordination with other local agencies, training, and emergency response and recovery considerations. The guidebook includes examples and appendices from other publications and from existing transit emergency plans, as well as contact information for additional publications, software, and training related to emergency planning.
- Record URL:
- Report date October 1999; resubmitted February 2000. Research project title: Role of Public Transportation Operations in Emergency Management.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Higgins, L L
- Hickman, M D
- Weatherby, C A
- Publication Date: 2000-2
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Disaster preparedness; Emergencies; Emergency training; Guidelines; Hazard mitigation; Planning; Rural areas; Small towns; Transit operating agencies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures; Emergency response and recovery
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00796886
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-00/1834-4,, Research Report 1834-4,, TTI: 0-1834
- Contract Numbers: Project No. 0-1834
- Files: NTL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 2 2000 12:00AM