PARKING GARAGE OPERATION
This monograph examines the necessity of planned parking and parking garages in urban areas and central business districts circa 1961. The type, layout, and location of parking garages are best determined by a comprehensive study often based on interviews with potential parkers. This aids in determination of origins, destinations, walking distances, duration of intended parking, and other essential characteristics. Chapters focus on parking garage: location, design, operating procedures, development, revenues and operating costs, and financing. A final summary and the author's conclusions are included.
- Record URL:
Eno Transportation Foundation1250 I Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Whiteside, R E
- Publication Date: 1961
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; Design of specific facilities; Financing; Monographs; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Operating revenues; Origin and destination; Parking; Parking demand; Parking duration; Parking facilities; Parking garages; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00795998
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2000 12:00AM